Thursday 30 January 2014

My Thoughts on YouCubed!

YouCubed, is a wonderful tool for students, teachers, and parents.  It offers tips, tools and resources for teaching math from Kindergarten to Grade 12. I think that since we use technology for a lot of  task in our life today, then it would be useful to use technology as a way to make math fun and interactive for children. As well, a lot of times I have noticed that the methods that parents use to complete math tasks are quite different then those that are used by primary/elementary teachers and students. I think YouCubed would be a wonderful place for parents to consult when helping their children with math work. As a  teacher in training I feel that YouCubed could be a lifesaving resource when I have a classroom of my own. Its detailed and informative videos would be an asset and would help me better teach my classes math techniques I think that a working resource such as YouCubed would be a wonderful tool outside of reading a teachers guide or text book. The games that are on this site would be a fun and interactive way to get students learning. Hearing and seeing real life work in progress enables you to see first hand how to teach and how children learn. I realized that math is often performance based, but as teachers we should help change math into a subject where children are challenged and learning is fostered. I feel that this site and and it resources can help us make mathematics a fun, interactive, and engaging experience for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment